Georgia Air Dogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frisbee event in Macon

2 posters

Go down

Frisbee event in Macon Empty Frisbee event in Macon

Post  Houla Girl Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:53 pm

If I were not planning on going up to Chris's on Sunday to help with the pool I would probably enter Dexie in the Novice just for fun. Marty you would clean up in Novice!

The Greater Atlanta Dog & Disc Club will be hosting a tournament this Saturday in Macon at the Cherry Blossom Festival. Registration starts at 10am and the contest starts at 11am.

Divisions:

Junior Toss N Fetch
Novice Toss N Fetch
Pro Toss N Fetch

Open Freestyle
Super Pro Freestyle
For more information please call 770-386-6184 or email chris.mcleod@ windstream. net or visit www.atlantadiscdogs .com.

Here's a brief outline of the rules for Novice: You have 90 seconds once your DOG crosses the start line.You can throw as often as your dog comes back until time runs outIf your dog doesn't return all the way you can go get the frisbee, run back to the line, and do it againIf your foot crosses the line when you throw it doesn't countfor every 5 yards your dog goes and catches it, you get a pointif all four legs are in the air when they catch it you get 1/2 point extraonce the frisbee is behind the start line you can throw again immediately - no sit or waits necessarymax yards in novice are 25, so if you throw a 30 yard throw you're just wasting time cause it doesn't matter No experience necessary - lots of people come out just to see. If you help with the tournament you get discountsI think it's $10 to enter, but if you volunteer it's $5Volunteering is easy - there are two positions that require about 2 minutes to explain and that's it.Because we don't have sponsors this year (no large trophies, just medals), this will be an extremely small competition, so a great place to start a dog!
Houla Girl
Houla Girl

http://www.info@catahoulaunited.com

Back to top Go down

Frisbee event in Macon Empty Re: Frisbee event in Macon

Post  foxonfire Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:22 am

Looks like we need to keep an eye out for these events...It certainly sounds like lots and lots of fun!

Sirius would probably have a ball- you guys should see some of his jumps to get the frisbee- HIGHER than my head! and flips and turns!

I know I would enjoy seeing how improved everybodies aim w/ the frisbee has gotten!
foxonfire
foxonfire

Back to top Go down