Georgia Air Dogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Momma Dawg Training Facility

3 posters

Go down

Momma Dawg Training Facility Empty Momma Dawg Training Facility

Post  Momma Dawg Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:12 am

I knew that subject line would get everyones attention Wink

Well Jake & I have discussed many times about when Tater gets 6 mths old sending him to training for a long time (like Ellie)-3 hrs away !! And I told Jake that I was going to buy myself some dog training books & open my own Tater Training Camp in Norcross & Tater will stay close & get training. I think he's worried about this or Tater being dognapped now. So for Christmas Sunday in Florida Santa Paws brought me a Cesar Millan training book & DVD's !!!!!!!!!!! Tater's coming to Mommas for training !! (ha-ha)

But Jake admitted (everyone sit down for this one)...that I have been doing an excellent job training Tater. I managed to let him stay in his crate for 90% of the drive to Florida & leave him in there when he cries (I still get him out sometimes on this one) but by chance I took a towel & covered his crate & he stopped crying immediately so that was cool. Then I had him sleeping on the bed with me in Florida until he started dreaming & fell off the bed then wanted to play so I put him in his crate. But I take him out immediately to potty when taken out of the crate, work with him a lot with his sit,down,sit; leash training; come command & release & even popped that booty when he's chewing or into something he shouldn't be & say "no" firmly. This has really shocked Jake but I know I'm the weakest heart when it comes to discipline but Tater is such a great puppy & I want him to be the best dog & that only comes with the training/discipline that we're doing & it's for his own good & we're so proud.

CAN YOU ALL BELIEVE I'M FOLLOWING RULES ON TRAINING !! And my dad had him going in/out of the doggy door at 7 1/2 wks. I take him to as many places with as many different environment & sounds to get him use to everything possible (and yes the busiest Fire Station in Gwinnett Co is directly behind my house so sirens have become normal to him).

Please don't worry though Momma Dog will still continue to spoil & try to dognap doggies at events (ha-ha).

I call Tater "son"; it's so funny but he's made the Kimsey Klan PERFECT !!

Momma Dawg

Back to top Go down

Momma Dawg Training Facility Empty Re: Momma Dawg Training Facility

Post  Houla Girl Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:38 am

Wow Momma Dog! Sounds like you will be our next dog whisperer. Then we can all say "I remember her when..." Very Happy
Houla Girl
Houla Girl

http://www.info@catahoulaunited.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Momma Dawg Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:53 pm

You're cracking me up. PEPPER UPDATE: I went over to Jakes to feed Pepper, Ellie & Rocky & I had 2 cans of dog food (treat) for the dogs & when I got there I only had 1 can on the countertop & found the other one justed shredded. I was so amazed at this can that looked like it was blown up, ran over by a freight train a 100 times then shot with a shotgun that I brought it to work to show everyone what my A.D.D. dog Pepper does. I didn't see any blood around or on him & they are were hyper so I assumed he's ok but just couldn't believe it.

Then Jake bought yet another "dog proof" food container for the adult & puppy food & the containers fitted perfectly on the countertop underneath the cabinets.....the one with puppy food lasted 3 days before Spaz-eroni pulled it out from underneath the cabinets & off the countertop to eat 15 lbs of puppy food (this was just in the time Jake left & came home from his part-time job)!!

Jake made him throw up the next 2 days because that kind of made Peppers belly a little to big & knotty so we worried & decided it needed to come up.

I told Jake he needs to build a Pepper Proof house (10 ft tall countertops & the wall & everything made of iron)-steel isn't a problem nor wood for the wild child.

I just had to laugh because he had that goofy smile on his big ole face.

Momma Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Momma Dawg Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:51 pm

Well Momma Dawgs Training Facility has incorporated to Momma & Paw-Paw's Training Facility. My dad has really taking a BIG liking to ole Tater and today Jake is having withdrawals because my dad wanted Jake to bring Tater to his house & spend the night with him (1st time separated-this may call for therapy) but Jake dropped Tater off at Paw-Paw's at 7 am this morning & is spending the night there; you thought my dad won the lottery waiting on Tater to get to his house this morning.

My girl Kasey ran Tater around the back yard so much that Tater came through the dog door at my dads; jumped up on the couch & crashed (now for 2 hrs).

I love all 7 of my children !!

Momma Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Air Dog Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Sounds like your dad is having a blast !!

If he were closer, I would drop the girls off for day care too Cool
Air Dog
Air Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down