Georgia Air Dogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Birthday Dakaroni!!

5 posters

Go down

Happy Birthday Dakaroni!! Empty Happy Birthday Dakaroni!!

Post  gryphon Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:42 am

Today is Dak's third birthday. He came from a back yard breeder that my son knew from his work. (Bartender at the Suwanee Applebee's) Sean had visited us in Colorado the summer before and had been introduced to a Black Lab that lived at the RV park that we were staying. The dog's name was Coal. Coal was and is an incredible dog, which I am sure if he had the opportunity would excel at diving. I dog sat for him and his brother a lab/golden mix, Blanco. Sean decided to take a walk down the river and I suggested he take Coal with him. This river is what we would call a creek here. It is a tributary of the San Juan River which eventually runs into the Colorado River.
They walked upstream for maybe a mile. Sean throwing sticks into the river, amazed that Coal would bring him back the exact stick that he threw. When he got back he told me what an incredible dog Coal was. I already knew.
After we returned back to Georgia that fall, Sean started going on on how much we needed a Lab out there. Truthfully, I did not want to deal with a dog. I had cats, wonderful sweet kitties that I could leave for several days without worry that they would gobble up all their food or mess in the house. I relented when sean and his buddy, John Parker said that they wanted to get me a dog and that they would pay for it. John, started off telling me he wanted to get a rescue. At that time I was ignorant about rescues and the importance to adopt a rescue. I figured that they were someone's PITA and I just didn't want to deal with it. I wanted a puppy, a dog I would be able to mold. I dog that I knew it's history.
Sean came home from work one night all excited that a friend of his had a lab that would be soon having puppies. I agreed to take a look when they were born.
Five blacks and two yellows. I wanted a yellow. They were already promised. I wanted a female, there was only two and already promised. We went to take a look at them sean, bev (sean's GF) and I. Dh wanted nothing to do with this undertaking. We looked at the pups, saw the mother go darting by (she was chasing a ball) all three of us picked out the same pup. A little black male they were calling diamond due to a diamond shaped white patch on his chest.
I knew we would give him a Native American tribe name. Settling on Dakota and nick naming him Dak (doc) we picked him up on valentine's day and brought him home. Just a little young but as sweet as possible. Sean brought him in and laid him on my DH's lap. Love at first sight. I came in the door and there he was. My little love, i could hold him on my shoulder and I did for several days.
A week later he came down with Kennel Cough. OMG we thought he would die. I took him to the vet the next morning and in a few days he was well.
So here it is three years later. I have a constant shadow, with me constantly. Loves the ball, just like his mother, Mavis. Dak is a good boy. He has never tore up anything, only raided the trash once. Listens, and well I could not ever ask for a better dog.
[img]Happy Birthday Dakaroni!! Youngpup[/img][img]Happy Birthday Dakaroni!! Puppydak[/img][img]Happy Birthday Dakaroni!! Gorilla[/img]
gryphon
gryphon

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Dakaroni!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday Dakaroni!!

Post  foxonfire Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:12 pm

Awwwwwwwwww, what cute puppy pics!

Hope you have a fantastic Birthday DAK! (hope your mom takes you diving w/ lots of balls!) Very Happy
foxonfire
foxonfire

Back to top Go down

Post  Air Dog Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Happy BIrthday Dak !!

Hope you get a trip to the pool or the dog park today Very Happy

What a neat story...thanks Betsy !!
Air Dog
Air Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Houla Girl Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:35 pm

Happy Birthday big guy!!!!! Hope to see you jumping soon.
Houla Girl
Houla Girl

http://www.info@catahoulaunited.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Momma Dawg Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:50 am

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY from the Kimsey Klan !! I'm dying to see Dak again & by the way Santa Paws brought my girls a Chuck It for Christmas !!

Hope to see you soon

Momma Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down