Georgia Air Dogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who wants to Jump ??

+2
Momma Dawg
Air Dog
6 posters

Go down

Who wants to Jump ?? Empty Who wants to Jump ??

Post  Air Dog Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:53 pm

We could go over...Jake is not going to be home so it would be up to him.

Last edited by Air Dog on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Air Dog
Air Dog

Back to top Go down

Who wants to Jump ?? Empty Re: Who wants to Jump ??

Post  Air Dog Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:10 am

Too cold for me today !!

We can watch the weather and hope for a nice weekend soon.
Air Dog
Air Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Momma Dawg Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:58 pm

I heard today that Friday is suppose to be around 68 degrees; Momma Dawg WILL be standing pool side with a bunch of towels for wet PUPPIES.

Maybe we could talk Jake into making more of his great spiced apple cider !!

Momma Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post  foxonfire Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:48 pm

Actually Friday would be very nice....especially since I'm off of work too! Very Happy

and I can give you guys your christmas presents! santa
foxonfire
foxonfire

Back to top Go down

Post  JPBirddawg Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:38 pm

I gotta work but yall are welcome to come over, I will be able to stop by though.
JPBirddawg
JPBirddawg

Location : The only Official Dock in the state of Georgia, not certified by DD,and never will be

Back to top Go down

Post  Air Dog Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:07 pm

I am working Friday also....maybe Sat or Sun ??
Air Dog
Air Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  foxonfire Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:56 pm

I'm working Saturday, but Sunday is a definite possibliity if the weather cooperates! sunny
foxonfire
foxonfire

Back to top Go down

Post  Livinzoo Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:18 am

I am supposed to work Friday. But I took a day. My house is a wreck and my mom is coming in on Sunday. So depending what day and time you guys decide on we might could make it.
Livinzoo
Livinzoo

Back to top Go down

Post  JPBirddawg Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:16 pm

you all are welcome anytime
JPBirddawg
JPBirddawg

Location : The only Official Dock in the state of Georgia, not certified by DD,and never will be

Back to top Go down

Post  Air Dog Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:32 pm

Weather for the weekend....

Sat
Dec 27 Few Showers High 66 Low 53 30% chance of rain

Sun
Dec 28 Showers High 62 Low 40 40% chance of rain

I think we will be heading over one day with Molly and Rebel. Rebel needs a good workout!!
Air Dog
Air Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  gryphon Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:40 pm

We were gonna jump today. But so damp and soggy we will wait til tomorrow. Maybe a little sun and lots warmer. I hope dak can contain himself. He does get some good workouts every day, even when it is like this. We walk down the culdesac and I throw the ball for him and he runs after it. Yesterday we did this and then came back to the house and I threw the ball down the ravine for him to chase it. There is a little creek with several pools of standing water. I guess he gets real hot and then takes a plunge in the water. Soggy wet dog. But a tired one.
I wish I could trust Beau to do the same.
So jake if it is ok. we will be there sometime tomorrow.
gryphon
gryphon

Back to top Go down

Post  foxonfire Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:42 pm

I'm still planning on going today, sometime around 2-3pm....providing the weather holds out. And maybe on Sunday too! Depends on how tired Jack is...Gotta get prepared for coming events!
foxonfire
foxonfire

Back to top Go down

Post  foxonfire Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:53 pm

HOPE everybody had a great day yesterday! I certainly did!

Had a good time today too, and a somewhat tired dog (always a good thing) Jack was popping out, what I think might have been in the 20 footer range- i've got to get a measuring tape for the pool. lol. Its hard to eye it from where you are on the dock- but he was jumping past the ladder, and sometimes almost past the drain. YAY!

NOW...Marty just needs to give everybody a seminar for throwing! and We'd all be set!

Crystal also came out w/ Titan and Cerberus- Titian's going to be such a great jumper, he loves it on the dock- doesn't want to get off and jumping with no hesitations! YAY! Cerberus wanted to get the toys...so badly...he fell in a couple of times Shocked but I have a feeling he might be jumping on his own soon.

Still planning on coming on Sunday, providing the weather still holds....Jake's got his gifts...now I just need to give Marge, Marty, Betsy, and Allison theirs....
foxonfire
foxonfire

Back to top Go down

Post  JPBirddawg Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Betsy that is fine see you tomorow
JPBirddawg
JPBirddawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Livinzoo Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:22 pm

Yeah Jack must of had a snack of jumping beans cause wow. I was amazed.

Titan is turning into such a water dog. Couldn't keep his little butt out of the pool even in this weather. At one point Megan started throwing Titans bumper first and than Jack. bounce Gives Titan good practice for jumping for other people. And this was the first time he didn't hesitate. Woohoo. Now we need to start working on our sit stay so we can get some distance. With Derek having knee surgery in January I might need someone to hold Titan back if we go to SanDestin.

First time Cerberus came he feel in once this time twice. We are slowly getting him there. He loves the lake so I don't think it will take too long. Can't wait to see what he can do. He is such a large rott.
Livinzoo
Livinzoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Air Dog Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:06 pm

Sounds like you guys had a good time !!

I had to hand out paychecks at work yesterday, but that means I will have more vaction for next year (it carries over).

Looks like rain Sunday. Maybe we will head over today.
Air Dog
Air Dog

Back to top Go down

Who wants to Jump ?? Empty at the dock on saturday

Post  gryphon Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Dak and I arrived at the dock at 1pm. I drove a different way so he did not know he was going there until we reached Jake's road. Then he got excited. He was ready to go. He jumped on the dock up over the lattice board.
The first jump was the greatest distance I have ever seen him do, way past the drain thing. Cheers!!! And his sit stay is solid. We are ready for destin!!
He jumped for a long time and was getting tired, I was thinking it was time to load him in the car. Marty and his crew showed up. I have not seen rebel in quite a while. He certainly has turned into a very handsome fella. Molly was there and I think he name was Kelly. A beautiful black female lab. They came into the dock area as I was throwing the ball. So there were 4 labs going after the same ball. I sure wish I had my camera for that. Dak's time was about over, he had been jumping close to 45 minutes and we let marty and company take the dock. I stood on the side just throwing the ball into the grass with dak. He is happy to just have the ball. He likes the jumping but he is all about the ball.
I enjoyed watching marty take his crew through the rounds. Loved seeing them get the bumper in mid air.
After a few minutes the ball bounced under the shed. Dak tried to get it and probably was thinking about some unauthorized terrian tunneling. I got my flashlight but we could not see the ball under the shed. AFter a few minutes I knew I would not be able to keep dak happy I took him to the car.
Watched the marty's crew a few minutes more and took a peak at baby tator.
We had a great afternoon. Dak was asleep before we left Jake's road.
On the way home I stopped at petsmart and purchased a fresh supply of the chuckit balls.

Last edited by gryphon on Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
gryphon
gryphon

Back to top Go down

Post  foxonfire Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:21 pm

Sounds like you guys had some fun! Isn't it nice to have a tired, but very happy dog?!!

The weather was crazy, but I'm glad ya'll had some fun, I'm still hoping on coming again tomorrow- providing there isn't a downpour going on! ::crosses fingers:: sunshine, sunshine...where's the 68 degree temps??
foxonfire
foxonfire

Back to top Go down

Post  JPBirddawg Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:28 pm

Livinzoo wrote: Now we need to start working on our sit stay so we can get some distance. With Derek having knee surgery in January I might need someone to hold Titan back if we go to SanDestin.

Sounds like A JOB FOR Mamma Dawg
JPBirddawg
JPBirddawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Air Dog Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:30 pm

Betsy,

Glad you stocked up on chuck-it balls!! If it wasn't so nasty under that shed I'd have taken a reach under there and tried to find it !!

This was the first time out for Molly for quite a while and she ran all day with Rebel and Kelly. I think she wore them out....she didn't want to quit. Same old Molly !!

Rebel did a few vertical jumps today, but not too much. Mostly play time today. We had Molly, Rebel, Kelly, Pepper and Elllie all out later and I was trying to throw toys for all of them. Quite the job affraid
Air Dog
Air Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  foxonfire Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:12 pm

Well...looks like today is out, the sun's just not coming out like I thought it would, and the rain just keeps coming down! grrrr. Guess we'll have to try for another day.
foxonfire
foxonfire

Back to top Go down

Post  Air Dog Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:06 am

We are headed over to Jakes this morning. Rebel and Molly are driving us NUTS !!

How about next weekend?? Who wants to jump if it's warm enough??
Air Dog
Air Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  foxonfire Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:45 pm

Went to Jake's today, weather was wonderful. Gave Pepper some jumps- he seemed to like it best when Kris jumped him....? Gave Ellie and Rocky lots of love too! Think the dogs are having a party w/o "Dad" there- the couch cushions were all over the house!

Jack was raring to go, gave up some good jumps- took down a 3'9" Vertical, we tried higher but he just wasn't looking up, so we had to go lower Wink

Pool temp was 48 degrees, so we only stayed about 1 1/2 hrs...Overall good day. Hope next weekend's just as nice!
foxonfire
foxonfire

Back to top Go down

Post  gryphon Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:49 pm

glad you guys had a good time. I really wanted to take Dak but couldn't bear with the mud. He did get to romp in the woods next to our house and had several sessions of him and the ball in the street, creek and back yard. I think he had a good birthday. He is a tired pup anyway. I just want to see the sun a little. See you all soonish!!
gryphon
gryphon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down